MATA Construction recognises that people are the key to a successful business and welcome the opportunity to talk to enthusiastic and talented individuals who are seeking to further their career.
We offer training, development and excellent career prospects for those seeking a challenge in an innovative and progressive environment.
Experienced foremen, groundworkers and machine operators
We are offering permanent positions and have numerous contracts ongoing and upcoming in the local area.
- Reliable and hard-working
- Industry related qualifications (CSCS and/or CPCS)
- UK Right to Work
- UK driving licence
Good rates of pay on offer to successful candidates.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a family run, fast growing, civil engineering and construction company based in Ferndown, Dorset.
We pride ourselves on providing great customer service and doing the right thing for the benefit of our customers. With a friendly and open atmosphere, we have a great culture and are seeking to find a candidate that will fit right into these values. It is a great opportunity to be part of something special, as we seek to have significant growth over the next 5 years.
The role offers a competitive package on a permanent basis.
- Work closely with our preconstruction and commercial team
- Create and develop a robust supply chain
- Support in developing buying procedures
- Responsible for prequalifying our supply chain and maintaining our supplier database
- Create strong relationships with our supply chain
- Obtain prices for material, plant and subcontract packages at tender stage
- Procure material, plant and subcontract packages on all live projects
- Effectively manage plant and tool hire
- Attend project and tender review meetings
- Ensure our supply chain evolves in regard to sustainability and innovation
- Monitor and review data to enable continuous improvement
- Develop and manage supplier performance
- Can do attitude
- Friendly and approachable
- Respectful and trustworthy
- Attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Commercially astute and excellent negotiating skills
- Can multitask
- Thrives on challenges
- Experience of working in procurement
- Experience of the construction industry (preferably groundworks)
- MCIPS preferable but not essential
- £30,000 to £40,000 basic salary
- Performance related bonus on annual basis